A surgical procedure may be the only solution to restore your health as nobody likes to go through surgery, but if your feet are bothering you, or walking has become painful this is where foot pillow heel protector can prove to be quite effective.
Orthotics may just be one of the methods you use when you suffer an injury to your foot and can provide many people with foot pain support and relief. It is important that you first know how to treat your particular foot injury, before you decide if orthotic inserts are for you.
It will heal naturally with proper home treatment. These injuries are usually characterized by symptoms including: bruising, swelling, inflammation (heat), throbbing and pain in the affected area, as most foot injuries involving the toe, foot or ankle that are caused from sports, work, or falling – and are not fractures here foot pillow heel protector can provide a lot of relief.
The following basic guidelines canspeed up your recovery and decrease complications after foot surgery.
1. Keep your feet propped up as much as you can and REST. It will reduce pressure on your foot, by placing a pillow underneath your heel. During your first three postoperative days, avoid dangling your foot as much as you can.
2. Only walk when you have permission from your physician. If prescribed, wear a surgical support shoe.
3. Do not be a hero. If you were prescribed pain medication, take it as needed.
4. Walk with assistance as long as necessary. Lean on the arm of a companion, use crutches, or a walker. A knee walker or roller aid can be very helpful as this piece of equipment will often have a basket to carry your belongings. Many companies will rent them out.
5. To decrease swelling and bruising, put ice on your ankle or underneath your knee for 20 minutes out of the hour as you use foot pillows for heel to rest your legs. Crushed ice is better than ice cubes as it can follow the contours of your body better. NEVER put ice directly on your foot because it can damage your skin.
6. Bandages have to remain dry and clean. This can make showering or bathing a little awkward. If you like showering, double bag your foot and tape the plastic bag openings close to your calf. Sitting on a stool or chair can help keep your balance and will avoid the danger of slipping. You will need assistance to get into the tub while taking a bath. Along the tub edge, prop your leg up. As the blood circulation to your foot will be reduced, do not leave your leg in that position too long.
7. Do not remove your bandages unless ordered by the doctor.
8. Seek medical help immediately if you develop a fever, your bandage comes off, is wet or saturated with blood, or your foot, ankle or leg turn cold, blue, or numb. Also call your doctor if you experience calf or thigh pain and use heel protectors for elderly.
9. Depending on your surgery type and medical condition, avoid walking long distances. After your surgery even if you feel strong enough, do not consider walking around the mall the first few weeks!
10. If any questions arise, call a medical professional. The internet has lots of information, but which may or may not be applicable to your case.
11. Check toenails for blanching – Every day, press your thumb into the nail bed of your big toe (as long as it’s not injured) on the injured foot. Your nail will turn white. If after you remove your thumb your toenail stays white longer than 6 seconds when you apply pressure, this is because your foot is not receiving proper circulation. You should visit your doctor right away as this a serious concern.
12. Heating pad – After the first two days, a heating pad or warm compress may provide relief and help sooth aching joints. Follow the same method applied to ice.
13. Over-the-counter pain relievers – NSAIDs (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as aspirin, acetaminophen and ibuprofen can help relieve pain and reduce inflammation.
Aria is a guest blogger; I am passionate about entrepreneurship, startups And the web in general. I worked in several web agencies and I am now An independent web marketing consultant. I am very passionate about Writing keeping in mind what the modern genre follows. I create Attractive content pieces for particular businesses and help them grow